€100 fine still not enough of a deterrent
Motorists using mobile phones while driving should face tougher sanctions, says Malta Insurance Association head Adrian Galea, insisting that enforcement be steeped up.
“A strong deterrent is needed to curb the increased use of mobile phones while driving,” Mr Galea, the association’s director general, said.
He was commenting in the wake of similar concerns raised by Local Enforcement System Agency (LESA) head Ray Zammit, a former acting police commissioner, who said that in spite of the fine for mobile use while driving increasing to €100 last year, it was still not high enough.
For Mr Galea “it is very evident there is rampant abuse by most drivers”.
Click on the here under link to read the full article.
As reported on the Times of Malta on Wednesday, August 30, 2017, by Claire Caruana
Insure with Confidence:
Your Trusted Insurance Hub
It is a non profit-making organisation that represents the views and common interests of all insurance companies in Malta.More about us
More related news
The cost of vehicle repairs has skyrocketed, with some car parts increasing by 350% in price over last year,...moreRead More
Insurance Companies Concerned as Media Reports Unqualified Drivers Passing Driving TestsThe Insurance Associ...moreRead More